|| 9:51:13 AM
Things that caught my attention...
Zell Responds. The summary: He's not an angry lunatic, he meant for the speech to sound that way. Yes, Dick Cheney opposed some of the same weapons systems as John Kerry, but Cheney did it after not during the Cold War. He had nice things to say about Kerry, and he meant them... before September 11, 2001. He's not a racist, but if he is, he's at least less of a racist than Jimmy Carter.
A Worse Candidate than Bush or Kerry? Doug MacEachern at the Arizona Republic thinks that describes Libertarian candidate Michael Badnarik. I'm not sure I can agree with that, but I'll write a followup on my disagreements with the Badnarik campaign a little later.
Komedian Kerry. Some jokes from John Kerry:
- Presidential Assassination: "I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me." -- John Kerry, after being handed a semi-automatic shotgun at a campaign stop in West Virginia.
- Vice-Presidential Assassination: "The Secret Service is under orders that if Bush is shot, to shoot Quayle." -- John Kerry in 1988 about the first Bush Administration's vice president.
- Personal Injury: "Did the training wheels fall off?" -- John Kerry, after hearing of a bicycling accident injuring President Bush.
- America's Youth: "When I came back from Vietnam in 1969, I don't know if John Edwards was out of diapers then." -- John Kerry, about his running-mate-to-be.
- International Relations: "The Iraqi army is in such bad shape now, even the Italians could kick their butts." -- John Kerry, about Saddam Hussein's military.
- Welfare recipients: "This guy takes more vacations than the people on welfare." -- John Kerry talking about his opponent during his 1996 senate re-election campaign.
- Freedom: "A little more than 5,000 years ago, Moses said, 'Hitch up your camel, lift up your shovel, mount your ass. I will lead you to the promised land.' Five thousand years later, Franklin Roosevelt said, 'Light up a Camel, lay down your shovel, sit on your ass. This is the promised land.' Today, George Bush will outsource your camel, tax your shovel, kick your ass, and tell you there is no promised land." -- John Kerry, speaking to the Florida Democratic Convention in December 2003.
Yeah, we need to lighten up.
Thai Transvestite Elephant Polo Anyone?