Atlanta Out Loud

Politics and rantings and just stuff that catches my attention.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

I am doing something today I haven't done in ages. I'm going on a "mileage run" -- actually a "status run" if you want to be technical about it -- to guarantee my elite status on Delta for next year. Mileage Runs and Status Runs are flights that are taken by people who are addicted to frequent flyer miles or elite status on airlines for the sole purpose of earning said miles or status.

I'll easily make Silver Medallion on Delta, but not being satisfied with that, I'm going for Gold. So, I'm getting up at 5:00am for this madness:

Thu Nov. 3: DL 1121 7:15AM Atlanta -- Indianapolis 8:43AM
Thu Nov. 3: NW 3763 10:05AM Indianapolis -- Detroit 11:23AM
Thu Nov. 3: NW 0025 1:45PM Detroit -- Tokyo 5:10PM (Fri Nov. 4)

Sun Nov. 6: NW 0026 3:45PM Tokyo -- Detroit 1:20PM
Sun Nov. 6: NW 1505 3:15PM Detroit -- Indianapolis 4:24PM
Sun Nov. 6: DL 1131 8:04PM Indianapolis -- Atlanta 9:38PM

Almost as much time in the air as on the ground. Less that 48 hours in Tokyo and I intend to take advantage of every minute of it. God I love that city... and oh, how I love those Japanese boys! Not to mention this leads me to unlimited upgrades next year.

If you think this is absolutely insane, it probably is. But, I'm not the only one with an addiction to frequent flyer miles and elite status. In fact there is an entire cult over at FlyerTalk.com.

They are the only ones who understand the insanity that makes this OK.
http://atlantaoutloud.blogspot.com/2005/11/mileage-run.html
0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment