Atlanta Out Loud

Politics and rantings and just stuff that catches my attention.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Costs may kill travel program | USATODAY.com

Oh this is bad. I don't travel as much as I used to, but even now, I think I would probably pay $200 to avoid those ridiculous security lines. The time involved isn't even what bothers me as much... it's the sheer stupidity and confusion of people going through security.

I do agree that the TSA should not expect this program to be "self sufficient" as they already have to pay those TSA screeners to process the same number of people.
"Registered Traveler advocates are lobbying the TSA against the $70 charge for screeners. Brill said the TSA doesn't have to hire extra screeners to run Registered Traveler checkpoints."
Given the increased efficiency of registered travelers, this program will require less screeners, not more.
http://atlantaoutloud.blogspot.com/2006/09/costs-may-kill-travel-program-usatoday.html
0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment